Introducing an exciting and new program called Beat the Peak. Beat the Peak is a member notification system that:
- shows you how electricity use varies daily and seasonally
- helps you understand that you can help reduce electricity use at specific times of the day
- relates individual member choices about electricity use to the broader effort to control costs
- allows you to voluntarily sign up to receive notices of peak demand periods
- sends you notifications (via text, email and/or voice messages) at times when you can help reduce electricity use.
Electric cooperatives are responsible for maintaining a safe, reliable electric grid to power the communities they serve. As an increasing number of consumers install grid-connected distributed generation systems, like solar panels or small wind turbines, electric co-ops are prepared to assist members while still maintaining the safety of the grid.