This program provides you the opportunity to invest in the strength of your local electric cooperative. A minimum investment of only $5,000 will pay you a rate of return that will generally be greater than those paid on Certificates of Deposit (CD?s) and money market accounts.
- Open to any member of Coastal Electric Cooperative
- Minimum Investment of $5,000
- Additional investment amounts in increments of $1,000
- Interest to be paid quarterly with the principal repaid in 1 year
- Interest payments will be sent directly to your home
- Interest rates will be subject to change daily
- Investments are evidenced by unsecured promissory notes issued by the cooperative
These investments are not FDIC insured.
Who We Are
Coastal Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a customer owned electric distribution cooperative, headquartered in Walterboro, South Carolina. Electric cooperatives are private, independent electric utility businesses who are owned by the consumers they serve. We are established to provide at-cost electric service and are governed by a board of directors who are elected from the membership.
Coastal Electric has been reliably serving the residents of Colleton County since 1940. We serve in excess of 11,000 electric accounts, via more than 2,000 miles of electric distribution line. It is our commitment to community and focus on excellence that that makes us a rock solid choice for your investment.